At Marathon Underground we offer a complete range of services to help ensure the safety and stability of your infrastructure projects.
Whether you're looking for shoring support as part of a much larger project or need a complete, fully engineered turnkey shoring solution – at Marathon Underground, we have the expertise and equipment to handle any project.
The difference is our in house geotechnical engineering team. Every project is evaluated by both our field team and engineering team as a means to add value.
Marathon can help with your shoring project in two ways:
- Value-Added Improvements: Take an existing design and suggest value added improvements to the cost or project schedule through methodology changes, or material and equipment substitution.
- Custom Turnkey Projects: Simply provide us with the project details, timeline and geotechnical information and we can provide you with the methodology and drawings to complete your shoring project.
Either way, our team will make sure your project is completed on time and on budget.
Our shoring services include:
- Secant wall construction: Overlapping reinforced concrete piles, normally used to provide more stiffness or for water tight applications.
- Sheet piling: Overlapping steel sheets that can be temporary or permanent that are cost effective and quick to install.
- Soldier pile & lagging: Vertical steel piles combined with horizontal wood or concrete lagging. A fast and cost-effective soil retaining solution.
- Shotcrete and waterproofing: A spray concrete solution that can adhere to many types of materials.
Whether part of a shoring system or for any application, we also have capabilities for specialty services, including:
- Anchors and rock bolts: Long anchor bolts used in rock stabilization.
- Consolidation grouting & grout curtains: Used to change the load bearing capacity of soil or to seal off rock permeability.
- Cellular concrete & fill: A cost effective lightweight combination of water, foam and concrete used in non structural or fill type applications.
Deep Foundation Services
A deep foundation is a type of foundation that transfers building loads to the earth farther down from the surface than a shallow foundation does to a subsurface layer or a range of depths. Deep foundation work is normally a part of large infrastructure projects like bridges or overpasses, as well as part of multi-story or large-scale real estate projects when the geological profile will not provide the appropriate load bearing capacity.
Our geotechnical team can review your foundation and soil reports to recommend the best solution for your infrastructure or real estate project. Our solutions include:
- Caissons: A deep hole augured into the ground, then filled with concrete.
- Driven or non-driven piles: Normally steel columns which are used to support the structure and transfer the load to the desired depth or geology
- Micropiles: Small diameter piles that are drilled and filled with reinforcement and grout
- Earth and rock excavation: Our excavation teams and equipment can handle any earth or rock moving project.
- Blasting: For harder and more difficult to reach areas, we can also use blasting to remove rock, earth and concrete.
- De-watering wells: Our team has the expertise to remove well water in a safe and environmentally-friendly way.